Monday, August 18, 2008

What Exactly IS a "Lolcat"?

A "Lolcat" is a picture of a cat - or kitten - that has a cute caption appended to it. The "lol" part of the name refers to the im shortcut which means "laugh out loud," which I do A LOT when I see these.  There's a certain new "lolcat" language that's developed too; it takes a bit to get used to it, but once you do it's great (and cute).  There are some wonderful ones out there: cute ones, funny ones, scary ones. Some of my favorites can be found on http://icanhascheezburger.com. This is a great site with thousands of funny pics, mostly of cats. Go there, have some fun, enjoy!


1 comment:

Laura Cousins said...

I love these, too - plus, clever icon-makers have started using the language in crossover with other fandoms - not just cats.

I recently saw an entire episdoe of Law and Order Criminal Intent rendered into LOLCat language and I nearly dies of laughter.

Or should I say "Is ded from squee"?