Monday, October 27, 2008

Hee Hee Hee... "Animal" Strikes in Germany!!

Sorry, kids, I know it's been a while, but with the start of school for my offspring, I've been a bit overwhelmed.

I'm a bit down right now, so I've decided to show you something that I got a real kick out of. I hope you like it:

It seems that the German police are a bit bothered by a driver who's been getting around their speed cameras. Apparently the cameras in Germany are only set to capture the identity of the driver, and for them (as for US cars), that's the left-side seat. Well apparently a hoaxster driving an Audi with British registration has been speeding in Bayreuth and avoiding apprehension by riding with a member of the Muppets in his passenger seat. The pic looks something like this:



The author of the blog I saw this on says: "The No.1 suspect is Animal – the manic drummer from The Muppet Show’s house band The Electric Mayhem. But several residents of Sesame Street are also in the frame, including the lovable monster Grover and Bert’s rubber-ducky-loving sidekick Ernie."

But this has to be my favorite. He doesn't credit it, but I guess it's from the police in Bayreuth: “This may be an example of the famous British sense of humour but it is still dangerous driving. The driver has been caught on camera on several occasions and the puppet is on the passenger seat every time. We suspect he positions the toy deliberately before accelerating past the camera.” Ya think?

: )

No comments: