Friday, May 2, 2008

Days Spent Out in the Field...

My softball team (the Mariners) had a game last night, and at a slow point, I looked at some of our outfielders. One of them was fixing her ponytail, two of them were chatting, another was throwing rocks at the ground (or at me, her mom) and another was playing tic tac toe with her foot. Softball gets boring at times, I guess.

That reminded me of when I was on the Wrens back at St. Anselm's when I was a kid, standing out under the hot sun on one of the dusty fields behind Fort Hamilton High School, wearing my oversized polyester uniform shirt and my heavy (what-felt-like-wool) baseball hat (no visors for us in the 70's!!), being bored to tears waiting for something, anything to happen.

Which reminded me (again, I know) of a song I heard a while back, that I thought would remind you too of your days standing out in the field waiting... and waiting... and waiting...



Let me know if it brought a smile to your face too!

No comments: