Thursday, April 3, 2008

YAY!!! Gap has brought back Classic Jeans!!!

OK, everyone has one or two features about themselves they like.  In my case, it's my legs.  They're chicken legs, granted, long and skinny, but I like 'em.  And I've come to realize that most pants, especially boot cuts and flares, make me look downright silly.  They end up looking like those wide, old-lady palazzo pants that belong with a big old flowered polyester blouse.  So I try to stick with straight-leg pants, preferably with a regular- or medium-rise waist.   

A few years ago, when searching for new jeans, I settled on Gap Classics, 'cause they were stick-straight, and with just enough lycra to stay stick-straight.  I bought them on and off for a few  years, only for them to mysteriously disappear one day.  Poof!  Gone!  No more fun jeans for me!

I then found and settled on Levi's 512's, which were essentially the same style, but the denim was heavier and sturdier (yay!).  I ran through them in a couple of years, though, and couldn't find replacements 'cause, yeah, they also went poof.  Levi's no longer seemed to put them into stores.  Any stores.  Even online.  I did mange to find a few pairs in an outlet late last year and snarfed the only ones I could find in my size, but as a result I'm now always "on the hunt" for similar styles.

Well today after a "coffee date," which I'm starting to love, I took a hike to the nearby Gap and GUESS WHAT?  They've brought back my beloved Classic Jeans!  Mid-rise, very straight, and with a slight flair (hmm?).  The price is up there ($50), but I'm so excited at the mere prospect of them being back that I might pick up a few just in case they go away again.  Beautiful dark blue and a medium-rinse lighter blue.  Just my style, just for me.  Yayayay!!!

Ya know, you can never underestimate the value of a good pair of jeans.  Especially fun ones!!!

No comments: